Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 17 March 2022

Vintage Or Bright's? (By Tracy Thompson)

 

This is my second post for this month, showing some of my creations from  February's shows.  So let's start with the one above using the seed pod from the stamp set Glorious,  I love this card and loved the process too, my base layer is made using Distress Mica Sprays in three colours , wow does it shimmer.  Then for my main layer I stamped the seed pod onto some Chocolate Baroque's super smooth stamping card, then masked it.  Using Distress Oxides I smooched a background in three colours.  Removing the mask I coloured the image with pencils.  I stamped one of the leaves from the set in second generation around the image randomly.  I stamped out some words from the set, cut them out and inked the edges and adhered them to the card.  I just love the mica base card and then the vintage colours, they suit the seed pod so well I think.



So for my Notelet set I used several of the background stamps.  I used Square Bubbles, On The Tiles, Large Crackle and also I used the Butterfly Mind set and Words Of Comfort & Cheer.
My front cover is created by inking in three colours onto card, then I stamped the crackle background  to cover the whole of the background, then with a white gel pen I highlighted randomly along the lines.  I stamped a sentiment and a butterfly which I cut out but left in black and white for contrast against the bright colour of the background.


Now for the inside of the folder, I created a pocket on one side and layered a backgound on the other side.  Added a sentiment to one side then put some notelet cards which are below and matching envelops into the pocket. 


I created three Notelet cards and three matching envelopes, For each card I used each background stamp over an inky background made using Distress Oxide.  On each card I added detail with gel pens to give interest.  I added sentiments and butterflies to each one.  For the envelopes I stamped in grey the background stamp all over each one.

Thank you for popping by and I will be back near the end of the month with another post

Happy crafting
Tracy x

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful array of cards Tracy and I love the sepia tones of the first with the seed pods, the notelets with the case are wonderful too..I love all the backgrounds with bright added colour and the accompanying images kept very simple, just stamped, lets all the pretty detail shine through. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!