Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 1 March 2022

Butterflies on Film (by Judith)

Hello everyone, I hope that you are all keeping well. I have a couple of projects to share with you today, showcasing stamps from last month's TV shows.

My first project was created by covering a piece of Drawing Cartridge with a wash of cold tea. This is a really quick way of adding a vintage look to your backgrounds, and I tend to colour several sheets of paper at a time, let them dry and save them for another time.

I stamped the film strip from Butterfly Mind down the background, and masked the background, leaving only a segment of the film strip uncovered at a time, so that I could stamp a portion of a butterfly into the area. I moved along to the next portion, covering where I had stamped previously, and rotated the butterfly, for a different angle.

I added the splatter stamp from the same stamp set to the background, using two different colours of ink. I coloured the butterfly wings in toning colours, to match the background splatters. The sentiment also comes from the same stamp set.

The following two projects are not new, but I thought I would share them with you again. I have used the film strip from Butterfly Mind once again, but added it to one of the fabulous flowers available from Chocolate Baroque, Floral Grunge. The film strip helps to create a fabulous collage effect, and with the use of Masking Tissue over the flower, was really easy to create. 

Finally, I created a bokeh effect background over some Brushos, using a stencil and white ink, then added three brightly coloured butterflies from Butterfly Mind. By choosing a contrasting colour for the background, the butterflies really pop.

I will be back soon with more projects to share, thanks for stopping by,


Judith xx


2 comments:

  1. I love these beautiful butterfly themed first and third, with the pretty film strip and the spatter stamp in those fabulous colours Judith, and the bokeh background with the gorgeous bright Brushos and more wonderful butterflies. The Floral Grunge flower looks great with the film strip in the background too. You always manage to keep your colours so fresh looking..just gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!