Pin It button on image hover

Friday 25 March 2022

Flowers, Birds and Butterflies by Sandra

 Hello everyone

I am sharing some more of my cards from the February shows on Create and Craft

 My first cards use stamps from Words of Comfort and Cheer.  

I started with an A4 sheet of watercolour card and sprinkled Brushos down the centre length ways and width ways. I then spritzed with water and let the magic happen! I left it to dry naturally as I think the colour stays more vibrant. Once it was dry I cut the sheet down into 4 pieces and added one of the sentiments from the set to each piece. I added some orange die cuts as a contrast to the Turquoise Brusho. 





My next card uses the Butterfly Mind stamp set.....one of my favourites. For this card I used some of the element stamps. First I stamped the film strip, butterflies and splatters. I then stamped, coloured and fussy cut some of the butterflies and layered over the stamped ones. I finished by adding a sentiment from the set..

                                        

On my next card I stamped some splatters  and the large butterfly from Butterfly Mind. I added some fibres over the butterfly with tacky glue. I then stamped the butterfly again, fussy cut it out and layered over the stamped butterfly.  Adding a cut out butterfly over a stamped image means I don't have to worry about cutting out those fiddly antennae!  I finished by adding a sentiment and some gems and mat and layered onto a 6x6 card base.

                                          

I stamped the  Wish Flower in Memento Ink and coloured with alcohol markers. A beautiful stamp that can be coloured in many ways.

I have stamped Bird of Joy with archival ink onto Kraft card. I then used pencils to colour and added some gems. I layered onto some mirror card and then onto an 8x8 card base.


 I stamped Floral Delight onto some black card and embossed with gold powder. I have coloured the flowers with shimmer paints, beautiful to use - difficult to photograph! I then mat and layered onto some gold card and onto a 7x5 card base.

                                               

Thanks for looking

Sandra x

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic cards using the butterflies, bird and both the pretty floral stamps Sandra. You have shown that less is often more as these are all so elegant and beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!