Pin It button on image hover

Monday 11 August 2014

Christmas Magic (posted by Judith)

Hi Folks, I have some Christmas projects for you today, using the lovely selection of seasonal stamps currently on offer.

My first card uses stamps from the Snowy Scenes/Turtle Doves multibuy stamped onto green paper using white embossing powder. I added tiny red gems to the tree and snowflakes for a little bit of Christmas bling. To complete the background, I added a stamp from the Nature Fragments stamp set, stamped in dark green ink. I also stamped a sentiment from the Christmas Magic clear stamp set in the same colour onto a piece of scrap paper. I edged all of the pieces of paper with green ink and then matted them onto dark green card before assembling my project.





My second card was created by stamping a large ornate pear from the Pears and Baubles stamp set onto my background using brown ink. I coloured the pears using a mixture of green and yellow coloured water based marker pens and a waterbrush. I filled in the background between using a blue marker pen and a waterbrush. The main image was stamped onto a die cut piece of card using gold embossing powder, and coloured in with the marker pens in the same way. I edged the background with toning blue ink. I added a large flourish from the Butterfly Dreams stamp set, using gold embossing powder.

Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

15 comments:

  1. These are lovely and so different to the 'normal' Christmas card. I particularly like the top one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful cards Judith. Really like how you have used the pears on the second card. Lovely idea. When I saw this I immediately thought wrapping paper, stamping onto fabric.... Great inspiration thank you.
    Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both lovely - I really like the colours of the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both beautiful cards, beautiful colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These two cards are beautiful I especially love the first one

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colour combies ans so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These two cards are lovely. The green is a real Christmas foliage green and the white embossed stars with that pop of red and also on the tree enhance it perfectly. The pears and baubles set is one of my favourites and is definitely on my list. I love the colours and the extra gold embossed flourishes on the background, and then that partridge in a pear tree on the topper with the lovely brown ribbon. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful! I love the backgrounds and the design of each card.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous makes Judith - i love the first one especially - great colours! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the great way you have used the large pear as a background.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two great cards Judith. I love the way you have used the fragment, it works so well as festive foliage and blends beautifully with the white snowflakes, especially with the red gems added. The colour you have achieved on the pears on the second card is really great, it really looks like a rich gold. Two lovely inspiring designs. Elaine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two brilliant cards Judith! I love everything about them: the colours, the stamps, the designs...everything!! Both sets of stamps are on my wish list! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the way you used that fragment in the first card - the way it echoes the tree with both the swirls & the spikes whilst adding a more organic freeform sense breaking up the symmetry of the tree & the snowflake structures. In the second card your colouring of those background pears with their greenish tints makes them look really juicy & dimensional. The use of brown & blue makes a lovely change from the usual Christmas colours & yet the imagery still conveys a sense of the traditional British Yuletide.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!