Pin It button on image hover

Friday 15 August 2014

Happy Birthday by Doreen

Hello to you all, I am back with another sample made from the new stamps that have been released for August  My card uses one of the stamps from  the "Thistle Butterfly"  stamp sheet which I have inked up and coloured Dusty Concord and Bundled Sage  Distress inks. I then inked around the edge  again with Dusty Concord and then matted this onto white card.......

My background was made by inking all over with Dusty Concord Distress ink and then over stamping with another one of the stamps from the sheet.  The butterfly has been inked up with the same colour too and cut out. All that was left to do was to assemble it all together and add the sentiment.xxx


15 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I love the butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous - I love purple and love the whole card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful card Doreen, I love the purples, and my husband says I have a 'thistle' setting on my camera! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is another gorgeous card Doreen, your colouring is fab
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, love the gorgeous rich colour and stamps.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the purples. Gorgeous card Doreen.
    Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another beautiful card Doreen, love your colouring techniques and your colour choice! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another beautiful card Doreen - I do love how you use colour - this is so very stunning! TYFS Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful all the purple and creme!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO VERY beautiful, love that butterfly too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card Doreen I love it!! great colours and nice details!!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the purple distress ink you have used with this pretty thistle butterfly. The pretty white flowers and ribbon and the butterfly which has a lot of white together with the white mats give a good contrast on this lovely card. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I particularly like your use of the little roses to echo the green of the thistle heads & to highlight the white of your ribbon & that of your butterfly. The way your butterfly is placed is eye-catching with that antenna tucked behind the topper panel & the left corner of the wing framing the thistle head.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!