Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 6 August 2014

Guest Post - A Colourful Trio by Gerrina Poncin

Our guest blogger this week is Gerrina Poncin who lives in the Netherlands. She has designed three beautiful cards for us so please enjoy.


I started by stamping the flower from Fantasy Meadow onto white paper with Versafine Sepia, then sponged it all with Shaded Lilac distress ink and coloured it with distress inks and a water brush. I glued it on a brown piece of cardstock and put some pearls on it. Then I made the background by sponging through two stencils from Crafter's Workshop with Picked Raspberry and Peacock Feathers distress ink, then sponged the whole thing with Antique Linen. Next I stamped the text from Artistic Affirmations with Versafine Sepia and put some clear embossing powder on it that I heat set with the heat tool. Last I stamped, with the same Sepia ink, just the flowers from the flower stamp I had used on the white piece.

I stamped the flowers from Spring Foliage and the quote from Artistic Affirmations with Versafine Onyx Black.  Then sponged with Salty Ocean, Wild Honey, Bundled Sage and Gathered Twigs distress inks. I colored the flowers with a water brush using Salty Ocean and Dusty Concord and used Scatterd Straw on the the twigs. With the empty cardboard tube from a kitchen paper towel roll and Versamark I stamped circles and heat set them with clear embossing powder. The other circles are with the same tube and Spiced Marmalade distress ink.


On this card I stamped the text from Artistic Affirmations and flowers from Fantasy Meadow with Versafine Black Onyx. Then took the round blending tool and used that as a stamp for the coloured circles with Salty Ocean, Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade, Shabby Shutters and Barn Door distress inks. The same colours and some water were used with the water brush to make the splatters.


Creatieve groetjes,
Gerrina


Thank you so much for these colourful cards Gerrina, they really reflect a bright summer day. I hope you can leave a comment to show your appreciation and for more creative inspiration please visit Gerrina's blog, Gerrina's Creatieve Wereld








16 comments:

  1. Love your gorgeous trio of cards,fabulous colours used.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, colourful designs, congratulations Gerrina on guest designing, fabulous job!! :D x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards. I particularly like the bluebell one

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three stunning cards Gerrina! Absolutely love all three designs. For me the middle one has stolen the show. Just love the color combo, the graduation of color and the circles. Fab stamping. So inspiring! I can't stop looking at them. tfs.
    Hugs, Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cleaver at a cleaver idea using paper towel rolls . Not sure which is my favorite .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful designs Gerrina, all very different. I love the middle one, but your use of colour and design on all three is fabulous. Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. they're gorgeous Gerrina - the last one is my favourite though

    ReplyDelete
  8. All three of these are wonderful and so very different from each other! I have to admit I especially love the first because the colours you have used are my favourite Distress colours - stunning inspirations and thank you for sharing them Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Three different yet equally stunning creations, Gerrina. I love the colourful background on the first. There's a peaceful feel about the second card and the third is a CAS stunner! Well done.
    xxx Asha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Gerrina, great to see you here ! Your three cards are very beautiful, love the backgrounds and colours. Greetings, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Three gorgeous cards and all so different
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Prachtige Gerrina, dit heb je schitterend gedaan, hele mooie voorbeelden, mooie kleuren!!!Alle drie heel apart en super mooi!!

    Groetjes
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the sherbety colours on the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your first sample is fascinating in the way that you have used the Sepia ink for stamping your image & thus creating a softer effect than when stamping in black - the warmth is also picked up by your vibrant colours used for both the background & colouring your image, not to mention the Antique Linen sponging. In the second it's your creative use of the kitchen roll cardboard tube that catches my eye plus the brilliant blue of your flower colouring against the golden background - that is my favourite project of the three. The final design had me smiling with the way you overlapped the colours & included splatter spots to keep the colours going throughout the large expanse of white space.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you all for your lovely comments! It was a so much fun making these!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!