Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 30 August 2014

Honeysuckle Butterfly and a Pear Tree (posted by Claire)

Good morning everyone, another couple of samples made with the beautiful Honeysuckle Butterfly and  Turtle Doves stamp sets. 

My first card features this lovely image stamped with Memeno Tuxedo Black ink and coloured with pencils. I've die cut the bottom of the card and dusted around the edges with Picked Raspberry Distress ink.


The background was made by simply applying distress inks (Picked Raspberry, Wild Honey and Ripe Persimmon) to my craft mat, misting with water and swooshing my card though the ink. To finish off I've added a hot pink bow and a pretty button from my stash. 

All the gorgeous new Christmas stamps have really got my Christmas crafting off to a good start. This card features another distress ink background.  The image has been stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with Graph'It Markers. I've added some glossy accents to the pears and matted the image on some green card distressed with a craft knife. I've added the two birds (gold embossed on green card) and one of the lovely sentiments from Christmas Magic


Thanks for visiting today
Claire xx

11 comments:

  1. The glossy accents on the pears really make them stand out. lovely cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing pear tree that really stands out from the crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. two stunning makes claire. gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both these cards and the backgrounds are so pretty and the honeysuckle has it's true colours today, and I think the glossy accents on the pears makes them look 3D - excellent idea! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two gorgeous cards I love the background
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two beautiful cards.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these backgrounds. The green card is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The more I see of this beautiful stamp set the more I love it. Absolutely stunning stamping and the use of colour is amazing! Both are fabulous, thank you so much for sharing these beauties with us Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The colours of your butterflies are picked up beautifully by your button & I like the way your punched border shapes echo the black markings of the butterflies' wings. The vibrant green background of your Christmas card looks super with the golden heat embossing of the turtle doves & the dark green card stock.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards Claire. Love the designs.
    Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking great and fresh this cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!