Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 10 August 2014

I love the "Honeysuckle butterfly set"

Hey " stamping lovers" ,

Here I am again with some samples made with the beautiful big flower of the "Honeysuckle butterfly" stampset!! I really love these great flowersets of CB , you can really do so much with them and use them for many occasions!!

At my first card , I used some distress ink, (sky blue, light grey, yellow and orange, and green) and some masks (one with a spiderweb, one with sun beams and the thirth one with flowers) to create this background , isn't it beautiful?? I stamped the big flower of the flowerset in the middle of the card and coloured it with watercoloured paints!!!

For my second card I took the same flower, but I only stamped the flower, not the butterfly , I stamped it 5 times all around the card. I took some circle mask to colour the sun first then I went around the sun mask with yellow  and sky blue distress ink, then I took the mask away and coloured the sun with yellow and orange, the card looked very nice then , it was really oké, but then I thought, why don't I put the spiderweb over the sun? and although it was not necessary I have put the spiderweb as well!!Again I coloured the flowers with watercolourpaints, then I used the small grass stamps from the same stamp set to give some more nature look !! The butterflies I have stamped on  there place at the card but then I stamped them a second time on a white paper, painted them with the same watercolours and cut out the bodies of the butterflies , and raised them on the butterflies on the card with 3D tape!!


For my thirth card I used more dark colours because I wanted to create a night impression!!To start I took some white smooth paper, some gray, purple , pink , orange and green distress inks, I cut out a big circle as a mask for my moon, I put the moon on his place and I started working with big brushes like I show on the photo to colour the background, I just went from the left to the right about 100 times(??) , I let the colours go into each other , I  started from the top, so to start, dark grey and went lighter and lighter!! When my background was finished I stamped the flower 3 times and coloured them with the same colours of the background, I hope you  like my creations and please try them too!! Its such a fun!!!

Greetings
Maria

18 comments:

  1. Love all three cards. Like the brighter creation the most but thats just cause I love bright colours. I love how oyu have done the moon and whisps drifting across the moon, just brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Maria these cards are so beautiful and colorfull. Love it.
    Lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 stunning cards Maria - I love them all - wow - and they look so different too! Gorgeous work xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are gorgeous Maria I love them all
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning Cards Maria. Love the backgrounds you have created. Clever stamping with the honeysuckle (Gorgeous stamp that one). It is such a great idea. You wouldn't think it was just one flourish. Inspiring as always.
    Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful. I have ordered my set of these stamps and can't wait to use them

    ReplyDelete
  7. These cards look so tactile and velvety.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love love love them . Another great way to start my Sunday . Coffee ,you ,breakfast and them church . Amen. Joy now

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful cards Maria!! Love the colours. each one has a really different feel to it. brilliant! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cards Maria. Lovely vibrant colours, the backgrounds are lovely, and the way you have coloured those flowers works beautifully. Great work. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all three of these cards. The honeysuckle image is so pretty and the orange and yellows and then the added yellow, blue and green and stencilling in the backgrounds and then that gorgeous sun on the second as well with the foliage added too works perfectly. The third with the darker night time colours is quite dramatic with the moon shining in the background and the added white pen to emphasise this is lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wat zijn ze weer super! Blijft een genot om jou ideeën met CB-stempels te zien! (en geënspireerd te worden...) Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maria both of these are stunning! Love the backgrounds you created and then the stamping on top - just perfect! Thank you so much for sharing them and for sharing how you created them too Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful creations and loving the backgrounds and gorgeous stamps.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love using watercolours and the night time card is just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How interesting to see the same stamp used to create 3 different cards by varying its repetition. I think my favourite is the last one for it is so atmospheric with the mistiness floating across the face of the moon & the way your honeysuckle glows within it. I'm also struck by the vibrancy of your watercolouring - not what one normally associates with 'watercolour.'
    I like your use of the sun & spiderweb stencils in the first combined with the floral green grass for the background really sets a real scene whilst still being abstract. The glow of the honeysuckle & butterfly is arresting.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!