Pin It button on image hover

Friday 8 August 2014

Thistle Butterfly (posted by Claire)

Good morning everyone, I hope you're loving these beautiful new stamps as much as I am. I really enjoyed making this card and had a lot of fun trying different techniques using Thistle Butterfly and Honeysuckle Butterfly


I wanted to create a watercolour effect so I decided to stamp the image with distress markers, I wasn't sure how this would work as its a very detailed image and also a big stamp so I got to work with my markers, gave it a spritz of water and stamped on to watercolour card. It was one of those crafting moments where you hold your breath but I was really pleased with the result. I used a waterbrush to shade the images here and there and then inked around the edges with distress ink. I  the stamped the small foliage stamp from Thistle Butterfly around the edges and layered the image on kraft card.


I made a distress ink background and overstamped with the larger foliage stamp from Honeysuckle Butterfly. The butterflies are also from the same stamp set, I stamped them on kraft card and embossed with clear embossing powder before adding some colour with distress markers. This is the first time I've tried the emboss resist technique on kraft card but I really like it.

I've added some burlap,, ribbon from my stash and a little wooden button to finish off.

Thanks for visiting today
Claire xx

15 comments:

  1. Very effective. The image really stands out from the background

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Doreen it's really pretty
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Claire I love this card a lot , so beautiful, I love the colours and the design!!! Great ART!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is just stunning Claire - I love the overstamping on that background - its brilliant! Big Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow oh wow! Love this one Claire, it is so stunning - love the inky edges and how you have used the stamps on the background but making that centre stag so perfect for the stamp - thank you so much for sharing it with us! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful Claire, love the gorgeous design and especially the butterflies.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is gorgeous Claire - love the butterfly on kraft card, works really well, and the markers really do give a watercolour effect, will have to try that one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really pretty Claire. Love the layers and depth you have created. Fabulous design.
    Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a really pretty card and the idea of using distress markers to ink the stamp works really well and allows you to ink various parts of the stamp differently. I love the background stamping and also the pretty butterflies. I also like the way the colour of the Kraft card is echoed in the buttons, burlap and twine. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG this is so very beautiful, even the ribbon is a butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Love the colours and the ribbon that you made to look like a butterfly... All fits so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful butterfly. I like the way it's perched there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The kraft card stock with the burlap & the rustic twine tie in beautifully with one another. The emboss resist of the butterflies gives a lovely shiny finish to them & contrasts beautifully with the matt yet vibrant focal image.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!