Pin It button on image hover

Monday 25 August 2014

Just a Note by (Doreen)

Hello to you all, I am back with another sample made from the new stamps that have just been released for August  My card uses one of the stamps from the "Thistle Butterfly" stamp sheet.


My background has been inked up with Bundled Sage and Scattered Straw distress inks,then I inked up my image with Black Versafine and coloured with a mix of Distress ink and Acrylic Paint. The butterflies have been decoupaged and last of all came my sentiment.xxx

10 comments:

  1. Restful background and I love the decoupaged butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the linen-look background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the textured card stock used for the background & how you've chosen the background colours to really make the purple thistles & butterflies 'pop.' The white enhances the white enhances & acts as a foil for the colours & your white matting is the perfect frame.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card and the colours look quite autumnal. I like the simple treatment of the stamped image and the addition of the white acrylic paint makes it stand out from that great textured card background, and the white and green mats enhance it perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Doreen, the colours are gorgeous and the butterflies are fabulous!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully sponged and so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a lovely card, the colours are pretty and I think the sponged background is great
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think Blogger ate my comment grr!

    Fabulous use of the Distress inks, delicately inked paper which frames the stamp beautifully. So very elegant and beautiful, thank you for sharing Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sooo Pretty.
    Flo xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!