Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 14 August 2014

Snowy Scenes in August (by Shirley)

Hello everyone, I hope you are doing well.   

I'm back with a couple more Christmas designs featuring the beautiful new stamp set Snowy Scenes.    I love winter landscapes they can be so beautiful.


The background above was created with Dylusions inks - Turquoise and Midnight.  When dry I stamped and embossed Big Bold Background Snowflake Outline with silver.   I stamped the church scene from Snowy Scenes with Cobalt Archival ink and then added a wash of Midnight Dylusions to the sky to darken it and blend with the background.  The actual colours are more purple than the photo shows, it's so difficult to photograph the purple.    I painted the rest of the scene with Inktense pencils, added lots of glitter and the beautiful die cut snowflakes by Joy.



I combined a few stamps from Snowy Scenes for the card below:


I stamped the images - house in the snow, bird on the fence and the beautiful sentiment,  "All hearts" with black Archival ink.   I used Dylusions inks as a wash for the background and coloured the images with Prisma pencils.  I stamped a little snowflake from the set with Lilac Distress Ink.   Again I added some pretty snowflake dies cuts from Joy and lots of Stickles, glitter and bling.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great day,
Shirley

14 comments:

  1. Lovely cards and like the colours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both gorgeous - the first one is most dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning use of colour Shirley - these are beautiful - love them xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning Shirley, you're a real genius with those inks and the results are so pretty
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exquisite!! Beautiful, beautiful cards Shirley. Love the color combo on both of them. The stamped background on the first one and the design and how you have mixed the images on the second one are fabulous. Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super pretty cards. I love how they aren't just for Christmas, but could be used all winter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always Shirley your beautiful creations take my breath away! I would frame those cards as they are beautiful stamp art. I agree with Erika - either of these would be perfect for a winter birthday card. Both are stunning but I have fallen in love with the first one as I love snowflakes and the background on that is, for me, perfection. Thank you so much for the wonderful inspirations Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW these are absolutely stunning!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, super colour-combies! And that scene is something I didnot exspect from you, but sooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the turquoise and blue colourway, and the snowflakes are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are both gorgeous cards and so different. The church in very vibrant colours withe the snowflake background echoed in the pretty added snowflakes, snd the morea pastel shades of the snowy house with the pretty robin and again the lovely added snowflakes. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love your beautiful and colourful christmascards Shirley!!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  13. In the first it's the contrast between that lovely deep sky & the glowing light of the church & trees that catches my attention as well as the really vivid Christmas star. In your second it's the the textures of both sky & foreground which strike me - the foreground in particular creating a super atmosphere of melting snow & ice.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!