Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 17 August 2014

Honeysuckle Butterfly and Snowy Scenes - By Florence

Hi everyone
I hope you are all have a wonderful weekend.

Today I would like to share two cards I made using the Honeysuckle Butterfly set and the Snowy Scene set. 



I dabbed some dye based ink onto a large stamp block. I didn't dilute the ink, I just let the ink separate naturally on the block.  
I then placed a piece of white coated card stock, lightly, onto the inked block.  
I then stamped the Honeysuckle image onto the inked card, using black Archival Ink.  
I added a little bit of extra color, to certain areas, using a damp paint brush and some ink left on the block.  
I then mat and layered as seen.


For my second card I took a piece of white card and laid it over the top of it a mask and dry embossed it using a light box and a embossing tool. 
I then removed the mask and attached it to the raised embossed side of the card, matching it up to the embossed pattern, and colored it using a sponge and some ink.
I cut the green ornate square of card using a die and punched out a square of plain white card, just trimming it slightly.  
I then stamped my pretty little house onto the smaller white square using green Distress Ink, colored it in using a damp paint brush and ink and then edged the square with more Distress Ink.  
I then assembled the card as seen adding a little gem.

Thank you for calling in.  Do check out the fantastic projects made by the Design Team.

Happy Stamping
Florence x

15 comments:

  1. Two lovely cards I love the background on the first one and the second card is a great one for inspiration for that stamp
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. they're both gorgeous - love the colours on the first one

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the unusual background on the first card and the second card gives a lovely air of whimsy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, both so beautifully coloured with ink-combinations! The frame uou stamped on the second is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two gorgeous cards Flo,love how you done the background on the first one.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty cards. My favorite is the Christmas and the pretty little house. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beautiful cards, love the backgrounds you have created and gorgeous colours.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Florence, both cards are absolutely wonderful. I was ready to write you that I really LOVE your card after seeing the first one; and then I put the eyes on the second one and ooh... so lovely!! and using this mask by Crafty Individuals I really love too. Great embossing and coloring, fantastic makes! Hugs, Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two stunners, as usual Florence! I have quite a bit of glossy white card and paper and apart from using it with a brayer it's been taking up space! Thank you for not only sharing these but also for sharing how you made them with us. I will be playing with the glossy white card and paper as your creations have inspired me! Off to play for a little bit now Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have made my day. Let me know how you get on with the card Karen.
      Flo xx

      Delete
  10. I love the gorgeous rich autumn tints of the first card, and then the second has that pretty embossed stencil background and the snowy house with that monotone green which goes so well with the background, snd I love the die cut mat too. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two beautiful cards!! Great techniques, lovely colours! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting that you've used the colour palette of red & green for both cards & yet created such a different ambience in each one, the first warm to reflect the images & the likewise the second cool for the wintery scene. The textured embossing & inking of the background reminds me of a ceramic tile.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much everyone for your kind words. Good luck in the draw.
    Hugs, Florence xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!