Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 12 August 2014

Thistle Calm (by Asha)

Good morning, fellow Chocoholics. It's my turn again to bring you a little craft inspiration. Once again I'm drawn to strong and opposing colours. Here you see me dabbling in green and purple and images from the Thistle Butterfly and Honeysuckle Butterfly sets.

I blended the background in various shades of green Distress Inks. For contrast (and texture), a few purple bling and fussy-cut butterflies were called in - allowing the thistle to soak up the attention. The greeting is from Birthday Words, heat embossed in white.


Here's a closer look at the beautiful bunch of thistle. I coloured them with Promarkers. (A full description of the inks and colours used in this project is available on my blog)


Thank you for stopping by today. Make sure you drop in regularly to see more inspirational work from the rest of the Design Team.

Beijinhos,
Asha




10 comments:

  1. Wow great samples Asha , I love the way you coloured the flowers with those points!!!, I love the details as well!! Perfect card for me!!! Greetings!!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful fresh card! Those butterflies are super in those colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the purple and green together

    ReplyDelete
  4. The purple and green are wonderful together, and the colouring of the thistle and the butterflies is gorgeous. I love the stitching and the purple sentiment background, gems and ribbon which match in perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely lovely card Asha! I have just bought the 'Thistle Butterfly' stamps and this image is my favourite! I also love blending Distress inks for backgrounds, and I've recently dabbled with Promarkers, so this card ticks all my boxes!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and loving the stitching.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. stunning work Asha - the colours are so fresh - beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous Asha - a stunning creation - I love your use of bold colours yet that pretty and delicate thistle is the star because of your wonderful colouring skills. TFS Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your colouring of the thistles is very effective with the pointillism technique adding a real sense of fluffy spikiness (if that's not a contradiction of terms). The green stitching provides a super accent & I particularly like the way your various layers & stitching really frame the thistles with the butterflies all flying towards a tasty nectar feast.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!