Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 3 August 2014

Purple Honeysuckle and Butterflies (by Shirley)

Hello everyone,  I hope you are doing well.

I have a couple of designs today featuring the gorgeous new Honeysuckle Butterfly set.   I love these beautiful butterfly stamp sets, Chocolate Baroque's designer is mega talented :) 

This first card was a bit of an experiment.  I worked on it in a few stages, partly because I've been very busy and partly to let it dry between layers.   These are fantasy as I've never seen Honeysuckle this colour :)


I started by stamping the flower & butterfly image from Honeysuckle Butterfly with black Archival ink on mixed media paper and then dry embossed with the swirls.  Sorry but the embossing folder doesn't say which company it's from.     I used coral chalk ink to darken the embossing.

Next I sprayed with Purple and Midnight Dylusions inks.  After drying I painted here & there with white Gesso and finally I painted with Silks Acrylics over top.

I coloured the main image with Prisma pencils.   I stamped the image a second time on separate card stock, coloured and decoupaged the butterflies.  I embossed them on the back with a stylus for dimension and added stickles.   I also added lots of clear rhinestones on the background as you can see.

Next I have similar colours again using Dylusions inks but I did not add acyclic paints.


I stamped the daisy image from Honeysuckle Butterfly.  I coloured it with Prisma Pencils.   The background is Midnight and White Dylusions inks.  I stamped the thistle (which I coloured with Prisma pencils) and flourish from the same set in the the background.   I stamped, coloured and decoupaged two butterflies from the set to pop up onto the card.  Die set used:  Spellbinder Opulent Ovals.

If you've missed the previous post from today, the blog comments winner was announced :) 

We hope you come back often as my talented team mates have lots of beauties to show you again this month!  Thanks for your visit and have a great day,

Shirley

22 comments:

  1. How beautiful :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 stunning cards, loving the stamps and the colours are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 lovely cards. Purple and blue is one of my favourite combinations

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two gorgeous cards and I love the backgrounds, thanks for sharing how you did them
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning makes - the colours are gorgeous - beautiful new stamps xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely colors on two beautiful cards.
    Thanks for showing Anneke.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards again! Love the purple one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. For some reason these cards remind me of porcelain. Lovely colours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning backgrounds and loving the stamps. Fabulous layouts which showcase the stamps superbly.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are stunning, love them!

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Two stunningly beautiful cards! Love the colours, love the stamps, love everything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two gorgeous cards Shirley.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two stunning cards Shirley. I love your interpretation of the honeysuckle in the pinks and purples. It reminds me of an ornate ceramic tile with the embossing and your coloring.
    Hugs, Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two lovely cards deep and pretty

    ReplyDelete
  15. These cards are both beautiful. The Prisma pencil colouring on the first works beautifully, and I love the background stamping on the second and the white on the daisies echoed in the background too. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. In the first I love the way you've kept both the swirls & the rhinestones to the left & bottom of the design leading the eye in from bottom left to the top right across the image, a bit like an arrow reversed (hard to describe). The shaping of the butterflies is lovely & something I delight in doing. The second does look quite different being much more defined & 'sharper' somehow. I love the way you used two different images for stamping the top & bottom backgrounds.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  17. My favorite colors and bling . They are beautiful. Can you tell me the size of the cards. I think I will have to go to a larger size since here in the USA the standard size is about 41/4 by 51/2inches . And what is your definition of decoupage .? Thanks so much .

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Janice, my cards are all packed (we are moving) but I do know the embossing folder that I used for the background is 5 x 7 inches and so that is the size of the background. I tend to make larger cards vs when I first started designing cards they were much smaller. When I say decoupage, I mean 'fussy cut', sorry about the confusion. Take care, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great samples dear Shirley I wish you a good move to your new place!!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!