Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 20 August 2014

Guest post - Tonal Christmas by Pauline Orr

Here is the second in our series of guest posts from Pauline. This week she has used the Snowy Scenes stamp set to create her tone on tone Christmas card.



For my 2nd Guest Design Team spot  I thought I'd keep it simple. These stamps allow you to get great results without too much effort  (shhhh I didn't just say that!)

Materials
Stamping card and Kraft card
Distress inks - Vintage Photo and Old Paper
Diamond Stickles
Seam Binding ribbon
Rectangle dies
  1. I used a 6" x 6" card blank and cut a craft card layer slightly smaller, then a layer of stamping card cut slightly smaller
  2. I used Old Paper Distress ink and coloured the Stamping card using cut and dry foam.  I then randomly stamped the snowflake with Old Paper Distress ink to create a background.
  3. I did another layer using layering dies with Kraft card and Stamping card and coloured the Stamping card with Vintage Photo and Old Paper again using cut and dry foam. I then over stamped in the same colours using the same snowflake stamp
  4. On to my topper. I used different layering dies to cut the card and the Kraft card topper layer and stamped the snowy scene stamp in Vintage Photo. I used a paint brush and water to pull out the colour of the  stamped image in places.
  5. I highlighted with Diamond Stickles to make it twinkle (and it looks fab, Diamond Stickles is my fav and is available from Chocolate Baroque website)
  6. Finally I stuck all the layers together and added a ribbon

Simple as that..

You can visit my blog at https://mrsocraftyblog.blogspot.co.uk/ for more pictures of this card

Crafty hugs
Paulline x

Another great card Pauline, thank you for this week's beautiful contribution. I know you will want to share your comments with Pauline and visit her blog to see more of her crafty creations.

 


28 comments:

  1. Just shows simple cards can be beautiful and effective

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Pauline! I love making tonal cards - especially at Christmas when there are lots to make! I love the colours you've used, giving a Vintage feel to the artwork - scrummy!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning work Pauline - so gorgeous in the monochrome - love it - I agree with Penny - the colours give it a lovely vintage feel! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel.. As a follower of my blog I know you'll know this is not a colour I usually go for, but I love it and will use it again.. I intend to try it in different mono colours xx

      Delete
  4. Stunning creation as always Pauline, love the colour tones.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great CM card I love the sparkle on it, great golden stars in the backgound, and great church image!!!

    Greetings
    maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, such a perfect Christmas card - loves the cream and brown colours, thank you for sharing Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Christmas Card Pauline. Love the colors you have used and the little bit of sparkle to add the magic!
    Hugs, Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous design Pauline, it's quite elegant with tone on tone with a wonderful vintage feel. I love that church image, it's fabulous and you've showcased it very well. Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely unusual combination for a Christmas card. I particularly like the contrast between the very pale base layer & the way the succeeding layers gradually darken & become warmer. The golden sparkle really adds lovely festive warmth to the whole.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Ton-sur-ton and this is a beautiful one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely lovely, Pauline. Thanks for the tutorial.
    xxx Asha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!