Pin It button on image hover

Friday 1 August 2014

Honeysuckle Hues (posted by Judith)

Hi Folks, I have a project to show you today using the Thistle Butterfly/Honeysuckle Butterfly Multibuy stamp sets. These new sets are a lovely addition to the range of floral butterfly stamps, and great for mixing and matching with older stamps in the range, or using by themselves.

For my project, I covered a canvas with vintage music paper, and then painted it with various shades of acrylic paint in greens and blues. I stamped the flourish from the set around the edges in teal and burnt orange ink to create a border. This is such a lovely stamp. I stamped the honeysuckle image onto the background, and again onto some white card. I coloured the image on the card with pencils before cutting it out and adding it to the canvas.

I coloured some scrap card using Distress Inks in shades of blue and orange. I stamped some letters from the Newsprint Alphabet onto the card to spell the word 'Fleur', before cutting them out. I distressed and inked the edges of the little panels, and added these to my canvas.


Keep checking back for lots of lovely samples from my Team mates over the coming month. Judith xx

13 comments:

  1. Love the music paper behind the image of the butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the gorgeous background you have produced.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the background technique with the acrylic paint and well done on the fussy cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your background is fabulous Judith but what I want to know is how the heck did you cut out all that beautiful honeysuckle. I like fussy cutting but my eyes are not good enough for that kind of detail now nor my hands steady enough. It's a beautiful canvas my friend!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    PS These stamps are being ordered very shortly. Got to have the full set, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the background you have created and your colouring and fussy cutting is fab
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is just gorgeous Judith - beautiful colours and a fabulous layout - love it x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Judith, we have loads of honeysuckle outside the conservatory and they smell beautiful. Love the background.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love! Beautiful delicate stamping with those gorgeous stamps and fabulous use of colour too! Thank you for sharing Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super card! Love the colours and the layering gives it so much depth!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can see why that flourish stamp has become a favourite of yours - so versatile. Your orange honeysuckle picks out the warmth of the brown in your edges as well as in the alphabet tiles. I particularly like the way your butterflies' wings mimic the blue edging of the canvas as a whole.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Judith. Lots of fab ideas. Love all of the different elements.
    Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. How lovely a really gorgeous canvas, x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card Judith , great details , great image and colours I really love this mixed media card!!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!